COVID-19 is impacting the open source industry in many ways. If you or your community has been impacted, please let us know. We are actively looking for ways to help. Help may come in many forms such as advice on how to cancel and negotiate your event contracts, how to managed digital events, and individual or organizational financial support.
We Can Give Help
If you are in a position to give help via funding, you are encouraged to use our OpenCollective to donate. Their system allows us to ensure transparency and access for all.
We will also make sure to thank each and everyone helping!
- Here is a dynamic list of cancelled events. Not seeing an event? Add it here.
- If you were sponsoring a cancelled conference for recruitment purposes and you still want to connect with prospective candidates, Indeed is working on scheduling virtual hiring events. Click here for more information.
What else should be here? Get in touch
- Indeed’s Open Source Program Office and the Open Collective are organizing a FOSS Funders event in Q2 with a focus on projects impacted by COVID-19. They’re looking for others to join in organization, sponsorship, mentorship, and outreach. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
What else should be here? Get in touch.
Open source software depends upon real-world interactions just as much as it does on code. With the alarming spread of the Coronavirus, the open source ecosystem is being affected in enormously impactful ways. This site is one of many efforts to help.
It started as an organic movement led by Duane O’Brien (Indeed.com), Megan Byrd-Sanicki (Google), and others. We’re open to all who can help out!
Who we are
FOSS Responders is an open source, open project. Anyone can jump in and work on it. It is entirely volunteer run. Right now, we’re in particular need of funders, designers, and people to spread the word.
Some of the companies where our volunteers work (but may or may not be representing their company) include:
- Maintainer Mountaineer
- Open Collective
- Open Source Collective
- Red Hat
- …and yours?
While not dedicated entirely to open source, here are some other programs that need help
- Covid19 Response Fund. Donate directly to the WHO, who will allocate funds to efforts that need it.
- Portland Corona Virus Mutual Aid Open Collective. Donate to those in Portland who need help.
- Organizing Virtual Events Handbook. Assembled by the Wordpress community.
- Running My First Online Meetup. How to livestream events.
If you have questions, take a look at our FAQ. This will grow as more people ask questions and we their responses to it.
Our public email for any inquiries or comments is email@example.com.